For most people the primary goals of an estate plan are to provide the framework for the division of estate assets upon death and to provide for family members and loved ones upon death. If you have a pet (or two) that you treat as part of the family, has it occurred to you that your pet should be included in your estate plan? Legally, your pet is considered your property, meaning your pet should be included in the division of your estate assets.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Pet Ownership in the United States
- What Happens to Your Pet When You Die or become Incapacitated?
- Estate Planning Options – How You Can Prevent Tragedy
Click here to read the whole article or download the PDF.
- Thought of the Day - June 7, 2023
- Thought of the Day - May 31, 2023
- Thought of the Day - May 24, 2023