According to the National Funeral Directors Association, the average funeral costs around $6,600. Cemetery services will cost another $3,000, on average, bringing the total cost to around $10,000 for the average funeral and burial. Of course, funeral directors will try and get your loved ones to spend more than that by stressing the importance of the entire affair. Your loved ones, in turn, will be emotionally vulnerable and easily swayed because they are not thinking clearly in the immediate aftermath of your death.
- How Planning Ahead Benefits Everyone
- What Decisions Can Be Made Now?
- Using a Designated Account
- Are Pre-Paid Funeral Contracts a Good Idea?
- Creating a Funeral Trust
Latest posts by Stephen A. Mendel, Estate Planning Attorney (see all)
- Famous Estates-Champ or Chump? Nelson Mandela - September 27, 2019
- Famous Estates-Champ or Chump? Jane Fonda - September 13, 2019
- Texas Trivia – Name the first of six flags to fly over Texas. - September 6, 2019