The term “liquidity” refers to the immediate value of an asset. Most people are familiar with the concept, if not the word. Cash is the most liquid of all assets because you do not have to do anything, or take any steps, to benefit from the value of cash. Other assets have varying degrees of liquid value. To illustrate the concept, imagine that your spouse is suddenly, and unexpectedly, stricken with a medical condition that requires an immediate and expensive surgery.
Topics covered in this report include:
- What Is Liquidity?
- What Happens Without Estate Liquidity?
- Strategies to Ensure Sufficient Liquidity
Latest posts by Stephen A. Mendel, Estate Planning Attorney (see all)
- Famous Estates-Champ or Chump? Jane Fonda - September 13, 2019
- Texas Trivia – Name the first of six flags to fly over Texas. - September 6, 2019
- Famous Estates-Champ or Chump? Paul Walker - August 30, 2019