Living longer increases the chance that you will need long-term care. Although advances in medicine and technology have increased our life expectancy in America, they have yet to find a cure for diseases such as Alzheimer’s or figure out a way to stop the natural aging process. Statistics tell us that one in three seniors will die with Alzheimer’s or another age related dementia disease. In 2013, Alzheimer’s alone will cost the United States over $200 billion. By 2050, experts predict that as many as 27 million people will need long-term care in the United States.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Long-Term Care Costs
- The Medicare Program
- The Texas Medicaid Program
- What Is Medicaid Planning?
- Is Medicaid Planning Legal?
Latest posts by Stephen A. Mendel, Estate Planning Attorney (see all)
- Famous Estates-Champ or Chump? Jane Fonda - September 13, 2019
- Texas Trivia – Name the first of six flags to fly over Texas. - September 6, 2019
- Famous Estates-Champ or Chump? Paul Walker - August 30, 2019