The oldest continually operated parish in the state of Texas is the Corpus Christi de San Antonio de la Ysleta del Sur located in the Ysleta del Sur Pueblo within the municipality of El Paso, Texas. The Ysleta community is also recognized as the oldest in Texas and claims to have the oldest continuously cultivated plot of land in the United States. In 1680 the Tigua Indian tribe was forced to flee from their ancestral home, Isleta Pueblo, located south of present-day Albuquerque, New Mexico. The Spanish and Tiguas eventually settled in El Paso del Norte (present day El Paso, Texas) where they established the Ysleta del Sur Pueblo and where the Ysleta Mission was founded in 1681. In 1682, the Tigua people built a permanent structure out of adobe and, in October of that year, the building was formally dedicated by Bishop Salpointe of Tucson.