The Trinity and Brazos Valley Railway of Texas came into existence on October 7, 1902, originally chartered to build a railroad from Johnson County to the Beaumont area near the Gulf coast. It took its name from the Trinity and Brazos rivers. It was commonly known as the “Boll Weevil,” though it referred to itself as the “Valley Road.” The first line opened between Hillsboro and Mexia in 1903, then it was extended north to Cleburne in 1904 for a total of 78 miles of track between Cleburne and Mexia. Financial problems in the system led to its purchase by Colorado and Southern (C&S) in 1905.
Latest posts by Stephen A. Mendel, Estate Planning Attorney (see all)
- Famous Estates-Champ or Chump? Jane Fonda - September 13, 2019
- Texas Trivia – Name the first of six flags to fly over Texas. - September 6, 2019
- Famous Estates-Champ or Chump? Paul Walker - August 30, 2019